About Haddad BrandsMission
Careers at Haddad
The Associate Designer will work closely with Designers to support and develop seasonal apparel lines and select and seek approval for all raw materials and colors.
• Assist Designers in product development of seasonal brand right lines at all stages, including (but not limited to) market research, trend presentations, and sourcing all raw materials
• Meet all deadlines in adherence to the seasonal design calendar
• Research, select and seek approval for fabrics, trims, silhouettes, color palettes, and patterns
• Contribute to the creation and design of lines according to predetermined style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
• Set up and maintain seasonal catalog(s)
• Ensure that product development logs, line sheets, inspiration boards and design archives library are accurate and updated regularly
• Communicate regularly with Sourcing to update and share information on line development
• Create technical packs which include detailed sketches, fabric and garment construction, and pattern and graphic placement, to be used in building the seasonal collection
• Partners with Showroom Coordinator to set and maintain showroom appearance
• Create CAD sketches of styles in development
• Ensure all production package requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner
• Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design with a strong knowledge of garment construction
• 2+ years of experience in the fashion industry as an Assistant or Associate Designer (children’s wear experience a plus)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail
• Brand appropriate aesthetic
• Ability to sketch brand right designs
Haddad is a privately held family business with over 60 years experience in the apparel & accessories industry. Supported by a team of professionals skilled in the design, sourcing, sales & distribution of premium quality childrenswear.
The company is focused on the most global iconic brands, which include:
Private label is not offered. Haddad maintains sales and sourcing offices in 22 cities globally, including New York, Shanghai, Bangkok, London and Montreal.
Haddad will satisfy our licensors, business partners, and ultimately the consumer. We will be led by professionals and will continue to set higher standards in everything we do - from product to service. The result will be the greatest children's company in the world.
Haddad Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org