The Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing Assistant will monitor the development and performance of factories to minimize risk, drive supply chain compliance and uphold positive working conditions globally. The position requires a high attention to detail, accuracy, and clear communication with Licensors, coworkers, and global suppliers.
- Assist with the process of factory development, approval, monitoring and divest within the context of our licensors’ requirements.
- Maintain records for approved factories, un-approved factories, performance ratings and remediation. Update as required.
- Consistently collect data off of above records to track factory and Licensor performance and support SM&S metrics
- Build positive relationships to regional peers in Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing to influence and ensure local implementation is consistent with expectations of the global program.
- Keep current with licensor SM&S expectations, requirements and ambitions, as well as prevailing trends in corporate social responsibility.
- Participate in projects or programs with manageable risk, resources or ad-value, as well as monitor costs of own work and time associated with projects.
- Support SM&S obligations to retail customers such as Costco, Kohl’s, Foot Locker, Wal-Mart etc.
- Support SM&S obligations to external stakeholders and programs such as Fair Labor Association, Worker Rights Consortium, Conflict Minerals Reporting, Better Cotton Initiative, Better Work, and Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- Track and maintain third party compliance invoices and bill accordingly.
- Special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· Prior internships in corporate social responsibility, supply chain management, industrial hygiene/safety, manufacturing/industrial engineering, sustainability or related field
· Demonstrated knowledge of HSE and Labor regulations, environmental sustainability and energy concepts, production management systems, regulatory agencies, unions
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Comfortable with making presentations addressed to internal and external stakeholders with confidence
· Ability to influence and collaborate with peers in Sourcing, Development and Production located both in same office and foreign countries
· Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
· Fluent in English
· Ability to work effectively in teams and independently
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally (+ / - 30% of the time)