Seniority Level: Director
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Production, Manufacturing, General Business
Haddad Brands is a fast paced and very successful, privately held, NYC based, kid's apparel company.
Haddad Brands holds the global licenses for Nike, Jordan, Converse, Levi's, and Hurley children's wear. Our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast paced and FUN!
The Director of Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing will deliver and strategically implement a departmental vision to improve the sustainable sourcing performance of strategic manufacturing partners by leading a Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing field team and integrating sustainable sourcing metrics.
- Partner with executive leadership to align program and business objectives
- Develop and implement strategic, innovative, collaborative and budget conscious supplier driven social programs
- Manage corporate sustainability reporting processes by preparing an action plan, connecting with stakeholders, defining scope and boundaries, monitoring data and developing reports
- Manage data collection to measure SM&S performance of Haddad Brand’s products and supply chains
- Keep current with licensor SM&S expectations, requirements and ambitions, as well as monitor sector specific and global sustainability trends and identify actionable initiatives
- Direct a field team designed to provide local guidance on meeting SM&S expectations
- Travel overseas to train field teams and factories on expectations, procedures or capabilities including Factory Compliance Ownership (FCO).
- Represent Haddad SM&S during Licensor engagements.
- Own reporting relationships and obligations to Licensors.
- Manage SM&S obligations to retail customers such as Costco, Kohl’s, Foot Locker, Wal-Mart etc.
- Manage SM&S obligations to external stakeholders and programs such as Fair Labor Association, Worker Rights Consortium, Conflict Minerals Reporting, Better Cotton Initiative, Better Work, and Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- Develop supply chain risk analysis methodology to facilitate comparative evaluation of distinct risk indicators and calculate supplier non-compliance and brand risk score
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with Sourcing and Design teams as well as with our overseas Merchandising and Quality Assurance teams, licensors and Third Party Service Providers
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- 10+ years of experience in related field (experience in garment manufacturing environment a plus)
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Proven ability to drive results through remote teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail