The Associate Graphic Designer will work closely with Graphic Designers to support and develop seasonal apparel lines and products and seek approval for colors.
· Assist Graphic Designers in product development of seasonal brand right lines at all stages, including (but not limited to) market research, trend presentations, and technique sourcing
· Research, select and seek approval for patterns, pantone matches, technique swatches, etc.
· Contribute to the creation and design of lines according to predetermined style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
· Ensure that product development logs, line sheets, inspiration boards and design archives library are accurate and updated regularly
· Communicate regularly with Sourcing to update and share information on line development and production schedules
· Create technical packs which include detailed information on color call outs, graphic placement, sizing and technique to be used in building the seasonal collection
· Assists in setting up seasonal trend presentations
· Special project as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Fine Arts or related field
· 2+ years of experience in the fashion industry as an Assistant or Associate Graphic Designer (children’s wear experience a plus)
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail
· Brand appropriate aesthetic
· Ability to sketch brand right designs
· Illustration skills a plus